Sometimes the difference between living independently and giving up that freedom is having a dependable ride once in a while. We’re here and willing to help! Call 620-326-9996 for more information.
WALT (Wellington Area Local Transit) - Community-wide shuttle bus services
Call us for a ride: 326-9996
- For the general public
- $2 per ride, per person
- REDUCED Hours are M-F: 7am - 4 pm, only
- Aides ride free
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children welcome - 5-point harness equipped
- Let us help get your kids from point A to point B
- Transportation for eligible children in our programs
- Specialized transportation for groups
WALT Pass -
- $10 WALT Pass provides six one-way rides per card (that's one ride free!)
- Buy pre-paid WALT Passes to give away
- Businesses can advertise by putting their name on the backs of cards
- Hand them out to neighbors, friends, employees, customers - anyone who needs a ride
- Give the gift of a lift and support your local general public transportation
Non-emergency Medical Transportation provided by KanCare
Riders may use the provider attached to their insurance. Advance notification is required.
Out of County Trips
- Amerigroup - to schedule a ride contact Acess2Care at (855)345-6943
- Sunflower State - to schedule a ride contact LogistiCare (877)644-4623
- United Healthcare - to schedule a ride contact LogistiCare (877)644-4623
- Out of county trips are available with advance notice for $1/mile. Please call for details.
Half Fare Program
- Individuals 60 years or older can receive half price rides. Riders will need to show drivers proof of age.
- Children 6 years old and younger ride for free and must be accompanied by an adult .
- Children 8 years old or older can ride unaccompanied. However an adult must be present to release the child onto WALT and to receive the child at the destination.
- We are happy to help transport your child home from school, to activities and practices, to the babysitters, etc.
- Our vehicles are equipped with 5-point harnesses. All children younger than 8 years old or weighing less than 80 lbs. must use a 5-point harness.
- WALT operates on Demand Response and transports passengers as they call in.
- If a passenger has an appointment, they are asked to make arrangements one hour prior to the appointment time.
- Please be prepared to load the bus as it arrives. Drivers will wait up to 5 minutes for the passenger.
- Riders are expected to pay for any missed rides or a "no show." If the trip is cancelled prior to the bus' arrival, you will not be charged.
- WALT does NOT transport passengers through drive-thru restaurants or banks.
2016 Public Notification of Rights Under Title VI
WALT, as a federally funded transportation provider, will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran or low income status in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has be discriminated against in regard to the public transportation services may file a complaint with WALT using established procedures designed to address the issue as quickly as possible.
For more information on WALT’s civil rights program and the procedures to file a complaint, contact (620)326-9996 or (620)326-8906, email email@example.com or visit our administrative offices at 2410 North A Street, Wellington, KS. For more information, visit www.futures-unlimited.org.
Project funded in part by Futures Unlimited, Inc. & KDOT Public Transit Program